These tasty low-calorie treats are perfect for tailgating or any fall get-together!
- 1 cup Red Delicious Apple (~1 medium apple)
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake Mix
- 8 oz Samuel Adam’s Octoberfest Beer
- ½ cup Applesauce (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F
- Wash apple and cut into bite-sized pieces (leave skin on).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Betty Crocker Super Moist Spice Cake Mix, 8 oz Samuel Adam’s Octoberfest Beer, ½ cup Applesauce, and 3 eggs using a whisk.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in bite-sized apple pieces.
- Line muffin pans with paper cups, spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Spoon batter into cups – about 1/2-1/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate top/bottom shelf, then bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat as needed until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
Nutrition Facts* PER 24 MUFFINS**
Calories – 28 Total Fat – 1g Total Carbohydrate – 4 Protein – 1g
*approximate values obtained from myfitnesspal.com
**I made mini-muffins, so my yield was about 72 muffins – approx 10 kcals each!