- 20 frozen pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 large pre-cooked kielbasa
- 1 package Knoll Mexican Rice
- ½ jar mild picante salsa
- ½ jar hot picante salsa (For less spice use 1 jar of mild or medium picante salsa in place of mild & hot)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp paprika
– Place shrimp in a small mixing bowl or veggie steamer basket. Allow cold water to run over the shrimp for 5-10 minutes or until thawed, then remove tails.
– While shrimp are thawing dice kielbasa into small chunks.
– Using a medium heat setting, prepare the wok.
– Spray with non-stick cooking spray, and then add shrimp and dry seasonings to the wok. Stir to distribute seasonings evenly.
– Add diced kielbasa and salsa. Stir to combine.
For less spice, substitute 1 jar of mild or medium salsa.
– Cover pan and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until rice is prepared.
– Prepare rice per directions on package.
– Once rice is done, including “set-time”, add to wok mixture and stir to combine.
By: Amanda E Kruse RD, CD & Spencer D Hotz
Photo Credit: http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/stove-top-jambalaya.aspx