- 6 pork cutlets
- 2 cups cooked spinach (frozen, canned, or steamed fresh)
- 1 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Oil (your preference)
- Use the “flat side” of a meat tenderizer to shape the pork cutlets to an even and thin “sheet”.
- Add thin layers of spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan evenly over pork; fill to your preference. (Actual amounts may vary by taste, size of pork cutlets, etc.)
- Tightly roll each pork cutlet making sure the ingredients stay packed inside. (Important: To prevent Braciole from opening during cooking, roll tightly or secure with toothpick.)
- Rub olive oil on each rolled Braciole and then evenly distribute seasonings. Massage oil and seasonings into the Braciole so it sticks.
- In a shallow frying pan heat a little less than a ¼ inch of oil.
- Place rolled cutlets into hot oil and cover, cooking them for 6-8 minutes or until Braciole are golden. brown, cheese has melted, and an internal temperature of 145*F has been reached. To ensure even cooking and color, turn Braciole during cooking.
This dish is best accompanied with a small salad and some pasta or rice.
By: Amanda E Kruse RD, CD & Spencer D Hotz
Photo Credit: http://www.yummly.com/recipes/pork-sauteed-spinach