Ingredients Part A
- 4 large frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar hot salsa
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ packet taco seasoning
Ingredients Part B
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- 1 can corn kernels, no salt added
- 1 can black beans, no salt added
- Set slow cooker on high. Add ingredients in part A. Cover and simmer for approximately 5 hours.
- When chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165*F and can break apart easily, use two forks to shred.
- Drain and rinse corn and black beans; add to slow cooker. Replace cover and simmer while preparing rice or similar grain. If extra liquid is present, simmer uncovered.
- Pour spicy chicken mixture over rice & enjoy!
By: Amanda E Kruse RD, CD
Photo Credit: http://realmomkitchen.com/1344/easy-mango-chicken-over-coconut-rice/