Were you trying to think of another way to use pumpkin before the holidays were over? If you just screamed YES! then this recipe is for you!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2/3 cup Meijer Basics Sweetened Applesauce
- 2 cans Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz cans)
- 1 tub Lite Cool Whip
- 1 Tbsp Splenda
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Mini-Chips
1. Gather supplies and pre-heat oven to 350*F.
2. Follow directions on brownie mix box – I combined 1 box of mix with 2 eggs, ¼ cup water, and 2/3 cup applesauce in place of oil. Spread mixture evenly in a 9×13 pan and bake for 20-30 minutes.
3. When brownies are finished, allow them to cool. While you wait, combine 2 cans pumpkin, 1 tub lite cool whip, 1 Tbsp Splenda, and remaining seasonings in another bowl. Be sure to mix thoroughly to blend the flavors!
4. Spread pumpkin mixture over brownie crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top for added flavor and garnish.
5. Cut Pumpkin Brownie Bars into 15 pieces and keep in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts* 1 recipe serves 15, nutrition facts per 1 serving
Calories – 229 Total Fat – 5g Total Carbohydrate – 44g Protein – 2g
*approximate values obtained from myfitnesspal.com