I don’t know about you, but even the cold of winter can’t keep me away from my true love… ice cream. So how do you satisfy that craving without looking like Santa Claus or paying too much for low-cal, fro-yo, alternatives? You keep a batch of Mock Ice Cream Sandwiches in your freezer, of course.
- Graham Crackers (cinnamon, chocolate, plain)
- Lite Cool Whip (any flavor)
- ‘Mix-Ins’ – ideas below
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Canned Pumpkin
- Jello Powder (for flavoring)
- Candy Bars (cut into pieces)
- Candy Canes (smashed)
- Clear out a space in your freezer (enough room for a sheet pan to fit with about 7” clearance above it).
- Line the sheet pan with waxed or freezer paper.
- Break grahams into 2 pieces (top and bottom); line the bottoms on the sheet pan.
- Prepare your “mix-ins” (crush, cut, thaw, etc.)
- You’ll use ~1/3c cool whip for each Mock Ice Cream Sandwich
- If you’re making several kinds, use smaller bowls to fold your mix-ins into the lite cool whip.
- If you’re making one big batch, just fold in everything at once using a large mixing bowl
- **Cool Whip “melts” fast… so you may have to put the tub in the freezer every couple of minutes if you’re making a larger amount. Also, be gentle when folding in your mix-ins!
- Use the other half of the graham cracker to top each sandwich.
- Place finished product into freezer over night.
- Use sandwich bags to wrap these treats for easy-access!
Nutrition Facts vary by ingredients
photo credit: www.localmilk.blogspot.com via posts for syndication at www.healthyaperture.com