Try this healthy fake out for mashed potatoes!
Yield: 4 servings Time: 30-45 minutes Active Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower until very tender.
- In a steamer basket: Boil water under a steamer basket filled with cauliflower for approximately 10-12 minutes on the stove top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave ¼ cup of water with cauliflower for 3-5 minutes.
- Use a food processer to mix the steamed cauliflower with the remaining ingredients. Alternatively, you can use a ricer or potato masher.
Photo credit: www.nutritionbabes.com via www.healthyaperture.com