- 6 large eggs
- 6 strips turkey bacon
- 1.5 cups reduced fat shredded cheese
- *may add in mushrooms, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, or any veggie!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line greased cups of muffin tin with bacon (around side, not covering the bottom
- Crack egg into each muffin hole, slightly scramble with fork if you desire more of a scrambled egg verses poached.
- Sprinkle each cup with about 2 tbsp of cheese, salt, pepper, and vegetable additions as desired. Push additions slightly down into the egg cup mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the egg is the doneness you like.
Per serving (1 egg cup): Calories: 130, Fat: 8.5g, Sat. fat: 2.5g, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 12g, Sodium: 274mg
** Egg whites or egg substitute in place of whole eggs can be used to decrease the overall calories, fat, and cholesterol **
By Shelley Johnson, MS, RD, LD
image credit: http://thetalkingkitchen.com via www.healthyaperture.com